This course consists of approximately one-hour of recorded lecture with Dr. Cannon.
The goal of this course are to provide an introduction to and review of the theories and principles behind individual Chinese herbs and formulas.
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Understand the concept of the Materia Medica as a categorization of medicinal substances based on taste, temperature, channel entered, actions, indications, and contraindications.
- Differentiate common herbal substances based on their individual qualities and natures.
- Understand herb nomenclature
- Be familiar with the different treatment strategies employed when using Chinese herbal formulas
- Understand formula design and hierarchy
- The course includes a worksheet quiz for students to assess their understanding of the material